Monday, October 30, 2006

A Tough Weekend

This has been a very difficult week for me to be successful. I had dinner at my favorite Cuban restaurant with my cousin on Thursday. My friend's bachelorette party was Friday night. I was out shopping for the wedding all day Saturday, so I had to eat out twice. And, Sunday was the wedding.

But I made it through all of these rich, high calorie food situations and still managed to lose. I don't know exactly how, but here are some of the things I did:

I only ate about a Tbs. full of the rice that was served with my ropa vieja. I devoured the black beans instead. I left some fried plantain on my plate (even though I had mine and hers on there) despite the difficulty. I chose the sangria over the mojito, less sugar. And I shared dessert. I was satisfied, didn't feel I was being too restrictive and I enjoyed the meal.

At the bachelorette party I filled up initially on steamed shrimp and fresh fruit and raw veggies. I initially ate about a half a cup of curried chicken salad. When I went back for more, I also piled on more fruit and veggies. I was drinking mojitos, strong mojitos, so I wanted to make sure I had some food in my stomach. I avoided the fried chicken wings until after the drinking game, at which point all my inhibitions were pretty much gone. I ate about 6 pieces, so 3 wings. And, then they cut the cake, so I ate some of that too, but scraped off the icing. When I got ready for bed, I drank tons of water, but that was mostly to avoid a hangover. I tried, but I felt like I blew it in the end. I did manage to stay away from the chips, the bread/crackers/dips trays, deviled eggs and meatballs.

Saturday in the mall was tough. I had a Chipotle chicken Burrito Bol, no rice for lunch. And bourbon chicken with cucumber salad as the side for dinner. I also split a Cinnabon with 2 other people...so I had third of that. And my COCA~COLA!!! God, I wanted that coke. 16 oz and I was satisfied.

At the wedding I had a bunch of crab-dip and these fried bread wedges. Horrible, but delicious!! I ate a couple of the fried shrimp appetizers and some crackers and cheese and a couple of strawberries. I had 2 glasses of red wine and by when it was time for dinner, I wasn't that interested. I picked at sauteed veggies, chicken marsala, roasted brisket with gravy and one red potato cut in half. I didn't finish anything. Came close on the beef. No cake.

So, all in all, I thought I had really blown it because I didn't feel like I was that in control of what I ate this week, but I did pretty well. I still lost over the weekend (most of the loss this week happened early on) and that's always good.

Had first person ask if I was losing weight yesterday too. Sweet! No, correction, Mommy noticed on Friday night.


WEEK 4


Current Weight: 206.4 pounds

Weight loss so far: 5.6 pounds

Biggest Temptation: To obsess about how many calories are in food

My treat: I finally had a Coke!!!

My best discovery: I can make room for pretty much anything I want to eat. And, eating out and drinking doesn't have to wreck my progress.

Comments:
I used to go to Chipotle for lunch every day I worked, and I would order arroz con (extra) pollo. They thought I was weird for not wanting any crap on it and trying to lose weight, but they were really sweet and learned my order and eventually started readying it when they saw me crossing the street.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?