Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Day!!!

I have worked my tail off this week. I've been on vacation this week and I dedicated this time to really pushing myself to make exercise a priority for me. I've made a couple of sacrifices...like, my hair, but it's been worth it.

I've worked out 2-3 hours a day all week. And not wimpy walking or fake sitting on machines at the gym. I've put in hours of kickboxing, step aerobics, weight lifting, and yoga/pilates. I feel GREAT! Do you hear me? FANTASTIC. I keep battling the strange looks I'm getting from folks who probably think I'm overdoing it. But I remember when I watched the first season of Biggest Loser. I thought, if I had nothing to do all day but work out, I could get those results too. Well, this week I had nothing to do all day but work out...and that's exactly what I've done.

In the last for days I lost another WHOLE pound. I'm at 204.00. I'm very, very excited about that. I think I'm going to burst into tears the morning my scale says 199. Let me tell you, once I cross that, I'm never going back. And I am determined as hell not to take 200 lbs. into 2007. So, mark my words. I will lose at least five more pounds by years end.

I've been eating my same 1500 calories. I'm ending up with net calories at like -300 some days. I haven't eaten extra calories because I've been saving them all up for TODAY!!! I plan to eat whatever I want today. Yay!!! I've already done the Turkey Burner Blowout: 1.5 hours of combination kick, step, lifting, and yoga, so I've made some room. I really don't care if I haven't made room. I'm eating today. But, in a way I don't feel like I've been deprived all that much. I've been eating what I want, only less, and I'm fine.

Last night I really, really wanted ice cream. I went to the store and bought ice cream. I still had like 700 calories left to consume after dinner, so I went for it. 3 servings=1 and 1/2 cups of helado. It didn't give me the thrill I expected. That's a good thing, I guess.

You know what thrilled me this week? I made egg noodles (because they cook faster than linguini) with clam sauce. I didn't add any olive oil at all to the clam sauce, so it was really light. I put extra red pepper flakes so that it was especially spicy. I loved it. I'd been depriving myself of carbs for some reason. I don't know why. There's no need. The daily plate says I'm way low on my carbs for the month.

Anyway, Happy Thankgiving and Good Eats to all!!

I'll see on Monday if all my pre-burning paid off.

Peace.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?